Monday, 2 May 2011

Car troubles

Still no luck sorting my car out. I took it back to the garage last week wherebi bought it from to see what they could do to help me. They said they would have to treat me like a new customer, not undo our last deal and start afresh. That's a bit annoying as it had only been about 10 days since I got it so you would hope you get a chance to test it and see if it's right for you.

If it was a new deal, hopefully they would give me a good offer for this one. I got it for £4k less the £1k they offers for the C3, which was on it's last legs so I would be happy with them offering me £3k for the new one, then i've only lost a thousand, which I wouldn't feel like I'd lost as the C3 had quite a lot wrong with it and needed about that much in work doing anyway.

They asked me to pick a couple of models I would like and they would sort out a new agreement. I had a look, they didn't have a lot in stock but I was just trying to find one still quite new, much less than 1ltr and about £3k or less. I found a Mitsubishi Colt and an Alpha Romeo, both about 1.4ltr, about £3k and less than 5 years old. I left them with the task of sorting the agreement and they said they would call back.

Not heard anything by the next day so I gave them a call and they said they were waiting for the owner to get back into work, so they would call me the next day.

It's been over a week now so I'm assuming they couldn't or wouldn't sort anything for me so looks like I'm back to square one. I have an expensive car to run and will have to look for an alternative way of getting rid without losing out.

No comments: